The Program includes:
- 60 levelled books mixing fiction and non-fiction
- Fountas& Pinnelllevels A to K
- All text forms required by The Ontario Ministry of Education
- Character traits woven into reading and writing activities
- Comprehensive teaching plan for each little book (Must see to compare!)
- Hour-glass structure (whole class to small group to whole class)
- Home connection ideas, differentiated teaching and learning, and various assessment formats
The selections are organized under six umbrella groupings. These groupings reflect the K-2 curriculum in that all of the expectations can be integrated within these broad-based topics. Each umbrella includes ten guided reading titles to accommodate the range of reading levels in the K-2 classes.
- Playing and Working Together
- Growing Up
- Our Natural World
- In Our Neighbourhood
- Imagine That!
- It's a Beautiful World